Skip to main content

Four-Year Scholarships for High School Students

High school students planning to attend NC State or Meredith University can apply for a scholarship through the U.S. Army Cadet Command website.

Students can submit an application through the national scholarship process upon receiving final high school junior grades and achieving qualifying SAT or ACT scores.

Army ROTC scholarship will begin awarding scholarships as early as November of the student’s senior year of high school.

Steps to follow for consideration of the 4-year college scholarship:

> Read and follow the instructions.
> Contact our office by filling out this form.

Full tuition + mandatory fees or  $5000.00 per semester for room & board

A $600 per semester book allowance

A $420.00 per month tax-free stipend based on academic status during the academic year

Your Commitment upon Acceptance of a Scholarship:

  • Eight years in the Army, Army Reserve, or Army National Guard
  • You may be eligible to serve part time while pursuing a civilian career immediately after graduation


  • Be a US Citizen.
  • Be 17 by October of the semester you are entering college and must not reach 31 years of age before December 31st of the year you graduate from college and receive your commission
  • Have a minimum high school cumulative (unweighted) GPA of 2.5
  • Be a high school graduate or possess an equivalent certificate by September of the year you will enter college
  • Score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT or a 19 composite on the ACT; not including the written portion of the test
  • Have no moral or personal conviction that will prevent you from
    • bearing arms
    • Supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
  • Receive a waiver for any arrest or civil conviction (if applicable)
  • Although medical qualification is not required to be eligible to receive a scholarship offer, medical qualification is required in order to receive the scholarship benefits.
  • To receive the scholarship benefits you must also agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army National Guard, or U.S. Army Reserve) upon graduation and receipt of your commission.
Share this post

More From Department of Military Science | Wolfpack Battalion Army ROTC